This event is now over. However, you can view the room
and teams from the day!
What is HackBack?
HackBack is a (University only) capture the flag event taking place this March.
There will be 6 categories of cyber security questions designed for all skill levels. You will be inteams of a maximum of 4 people. Each question is worth points and the team that has the most pointswins.
The event will be hosted at your University and will run for 5 hours including a lunch break. Ifyou're a student and are interested in cyber security, this event is right for you!
Prizes, Swag and Sponsors
Swag will be given to students who demonstrate great resilience and hunger for knowledge. Swag willinclude stickers, t-shirts and hats.
Prizes for the winners:
Context is a cyber security consultancy that employs some of the best in the industry.
StickerMule is a custom sticker company that has delivered over 30,000 stickers worldwide.
Crowdstrike is a cybersecurity technology company that has customers in more than 170 countries.
How to enter
If your University has been entered, you can sign up like so:
- Every team member needs to signup and create an account on TryHackMe and go to their profile page.
- There can be a maximum of four people per team. One person per team must create the team.
- When creating the team, choose a team name and select your university (you must not leave theuniversity blank otherwise your team will not be entered into the CTF).
- Once the team is created, the captain will be given a password, this is needed for other teammembers to join.
- The captain will give this password, along with their team name to his team members to join.
- The other team members must then also go to their profile, and click join team, which will ask forthe team name and password.
Date: Sat 9th, March
Time: 10:00 - 15:00
Location: Your University
Email: [email protected]
Team Size: (Max) 4 people per team
Uni's Officially Entered
(If you don't see your Universities logo below, please contact us to get them involved)
Breaking any of the following rules will result in your team being disqualified
- *.tryhackme.com and the OpenVPN server is off limits to probing, scanning or exploiting.
- Users are only authorized to hack machines that have started in the rooms they have access to.
- Users are not to target or attack other users
- Answers to questions are not to be shared.
- Web Exploitation
- Reverse Engineering
There are a few requirements to participate:
- You have OpenVPN Access. We suggest you sign up to the site on your Universitiesnetwork and connect to our network via OpenVPN to ensure there are no problems on the day. There arevideo tutorials on how to do this.
- You are currently studying at a UK University.