1. About Our Terms
- 1.1By registering an account on the website at TryHackMe (Site), you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service (Terms), all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- 1.2We are TryHackMe Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 11673275. Our registered office is at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
- 1.3The Terms explain how you may use the Site and any of its content including the learning modules that we make available on it (Rooms). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
- 1.4Our agreement with you is comprised of these Terms, our Acceptable Use Policy (see below), and our Privacy Notice (see below), which together constitute the entire agreement between us (Agreement).
2. Using the Site
- 2.1The Site is for your personal use only. You must not use it for business purposes or provide access to it through your account to any other person.
- 2.2As a condition of using the Site, you must not, except as permitted by the rules of specific Rooms and only to the extent of within a Room:
- misuse or attack the Site or any Room by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Site, other users, or the communications networks and infrastructure used to access and make available the Site (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site and/or Room, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site; and
- engage in any unlawful, inappropriate and abusive use of the content available on the Site at all times.
- 2.3We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you fail comply with the Agreement or any applicable law.
- 2.4Users without subscriptions can only access non-subscription Rooms.
3. Registration and Password Security
You must register an account to access the Rooms on the Site. You are responsible for making sure that your account details are kept secure and confidential. If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site through your account we may suspend or terminate your account.
4. Ownership, Use and Intellectual Property Rights
- 4.1You grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, global, sub-licensable, unrestricted licence over all media, code, designs, templates, graphics, or other content that you upload to 1 the Site or generate while using the Site (User Generated Content), for the purpose of making such User Generated Content available to other users of the Site.
- 4.2You are solely responsible and liable for ensuring that your User Generated Content does not infringe the rights of any third parties and indemnify us against any claims, damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of a claim or action that the User Generated Content infringe the rights of a third party.
- 4.3The intellectual property rights in the Site and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the Site (Content) (other than User Generated Content) are owned by TryHackMe, as between you and us.
- 5.1The materials on the Site are provided on an 'as is' basis. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- 5.2Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on the Site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- 5.3We may make changes to the materials contained on the Site at any time without notice. However we do not make any commitment to update the materials.
6. Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party advertising and websites other than the Site. We have no control over third party advertising or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party advertising or website does not mean that we endorse that third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
7. Limitation on Our Liability
- 7.1References to liability in this Condition 7include every kind of liability arising under or in connection with the Agreement including liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise.
- 7.2Nothing in the Agreement limits any liability which cannot legally be limited.
- 7.3This Condition 7.3 applies to paying users only. Subject to Conditions 7.2 and 7.5 TryHackMe’s total liability to you for all loss or damage under or in relation to the Agreement shall not exceed the total fees paid by you to TryHackMe.
- 7.4This Condition 7.4 applies to free users only. Subject to Condition 7.2 in no event shall TryHackMe be liable to you for any loss or damage under or in relation to the Agreement. You acknowledge and accept that this exclusion is fair and reasonable in exchange for TryHackMe making its services and resources available to you for free.
- 7.5The following types of loss are wholly excluded:
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of profit;
- losses to non-consumers.
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- indirect or consequential loss
- 7.6This Condition 7 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
8. Uptime of Service
We do not guarantee the Site, or any content on it, will be always available or be uninterrupted. We may from time to time suspend, withdraw, or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business or operational reasons or maintenance reasons. We will try to give all users reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We reserve the right to vary the Conditions and Privacy Notice from time to time. Our updated Conditions and/or Privacy Notice will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by TryHackMe.
- 10.1All payments on TryHackMe are by a third-party API. TryHackMe does not store any personal payment details on the Site (apart from the payment method). By paying with Stripe.com you agree to their terms and conditions.
- 10.2TryHackMe only offers refunds on payments to this Site via Stripe.com. TryHackMe reserves the right to offer or not offer a refund.
- 10.3All payments are final. If we close your account in accordance with these Conditions, you will not receive a refund.
- 11.1You can close your account or cancel your paying subscription at any time. If you have a paid subscription, your cancellation takes effect at the end of the month in which you cancel, and you will receive a pro-rata refund. You may move between free and paid-for accounts as much as you like.
12. Acceptable Use Policy
The laws of England and Wales apply to the Agreement. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.